Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Karaoke Revolution Announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj_xero
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only if I can sing james brown songs... as i would in a bar with kareoke, very very very drunk.
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will stay as long as DDR did. I think the game would be embrassing for others who can't really sing but they pay and sing with a crowd. I am willing to try it and see if it's cool, but I'll play my DDR, DM, and BM thank you! nerd.gif
View users profile Send private message
Belfast
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you haven't caught it yet (and judging by the responses in this thread, all of three people or so actually have....), Karaoke Revolution:

-is being developed for the UNITED STATES, NOT JAPAN.
-is being developed by HARMONIX a US company, apparently in conjunction with Konami
-it MAY have Bemani songs in it, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it.
-it is NOT an arcade machine and WILL be played in the PRIVACY of your OWN HOME.

Man, sorry if I'm being a little harsh, but I can't believe so many people are misreading the original newspost.

My personal opinion on the game? I would've liked a US version of DM/GF/BM or something, but this isn't TOO bad.

I just don't like the current interface or graphics. I'd actually rather it have more style and attitude and an interface that is at least something akin to Bemani or Amplitude/Frequency. At this point, it looks really bland. The "crowd" is nothing but a bunch of cardboard cutout pictures of real people and the "singers" are horrible-looking "realistic" CG characters. Plus the guitar board thing isn't working for me. Even that looks horrible. I just hope this is a placeholder interface, but I somehow doubt it.

It doesn't really seem to identify itself with other music-based games very well, especially Bemani games.
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Not Arcade Reply with quote

I'd like to emphsize Remy's point that this is a PS2 game and not an arcade machine. It will never be an arcade machine ( in this country ) for the reasons that have already been said and because KOA closed their coin-op division.

Playing American Idol on the PS2 sounds like fun. I'm hoping for some of the Konami Original crossovers that I already know the lyrics to by heart! E4.gif B! B! B! B4U! ... Let them mooouuwwvve! ( heh ) ... Call your name and wonder ... now or never is the time to resist 'em ... I! Don't! Wanna give up! ... drivin' in your car! we have never gone this far ... tell me you will be true ( forever baby! ) ... I could go on forever!

One major detail for me would be if all the songs are in English. If so that rules out Sana and BeForU and limits the KOs to Paula Terry and Aaron G. I'd like to try singing in another language and hopefully the software isn't limited to one language! L'amour Et La Liberte anyone? E4.gif That'd be awsome. So would Daikenkai. I'm slowly learning that song anyways even without KR!

EDIT: From the official information at konami.com/karaokerevolution I noticed right away the graphics weren't up to Amplitude's level and that all 6 songs from the screenshots were in English. I couldn't guess any of them from the lyrics though. Maybe someone here can?
Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

24. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word.

FINALLY.
Basic Member
Basic Member

25. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if Nov 03 is the US date, are there any plans to release it into Japan at all? If it's totally being developed in the US, that's exciting. It means we might get plenty of songs we already know. Though I kinda hope they also develop plenty of new songs as well. I've met very few Konami songs I didn't get along with. And with the amount of songs they fit on DDRMAX for PS2, looks like they'll be a wide enough range that you can find at least a handful of songs you enjoy.

As a PS2 game, this is something I'll definitely want when it comes out.... once I.. get a PS2.... Even if the game itself ends up being horrible (which I'm not expecting at all), it'll at least be good for a few yuks at parties. Just like real karaoke!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
radicalfaith360
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was waiting for Konami to do something like this! biggrin.gif We're already dancing in the arcade, sh.it we may as well be singing! laugh.gif I'd prefer the DDRmusic though, I can't stand the crap ya' hear on the radio everyday! disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
The Great Gig In The Sky
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the idea of a karaoke game is kinda stupid and kinda cool. It shuld be exclusive to bars and crap like that. But anyway, the game sounds KINDA cool.

"There is no Darkside of the Moon, actually. It's all dark." - The Hidden Message at the very end of the Pink Floyd Album, Dark Side Of The Moon.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Danceatron
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Opinions expressed by ads in this avatar do not represent the views of Danceatron or his affiliates.
28. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RomeoJoe86 wrote:
Also, how would you freestyle on this game?
Same way you freestyle on Street Fighter. Duh. laugh.gif
Sorry, I couldn't resist...

I think this is a fun idea for a game.... It kinda' all depends on the songlist though, IMO.
Blitzvvolf
Basic Member
Basic Member

29. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsk. This has already been done. A game called Dream Audition has been out in Japan for the PS2 for quite a while now. I don't see why Konami's getting credit for an idea Jaleco has already done.

Description of the game can be found at http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/JALE-20006.html
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jamk
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mention aerobics revolution. Are you talking about an American version? I hope then that it would also mean that they would being in Martial Beat.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamk wrote:
You mention aerobics revolution. Are you talking about an American version? I hope then that it would also mean that they would being in Martial Beat.

I mentioned it because someone complained this news post has nothing to do with DDR. Neither did our one about that game.

There is no US release planned for Aerobics Revolution, and I thank god every day for that, having played the Japanese version.
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm i guess it sounds like fun....VERY interesting idea for a game.... I can imagine the Maniac/Expert Difficulity Songs....
Snow- Informer and REM-Its the end of the World laugh.gif laugh.gif riiight.gif
a_seal
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belfast wrote:
In case you haven't caught it yet (and judging by the responses in this thread, all of three people or so actually have....), Karaoke Revolution:

-is being developed for the UNITED STATES, NOT JAPAN.
-is being developed by HARMONIX a US company, apparently in conjunction with Konami
-it MAY have Bemani songs in it, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it.
-it is NOT an arcade machine and WILL be played in the PRIVACY of your OWN HOME.

Man, sorry if I'm being a little harsh, but I can't believe so many people are misreading the original newspost.

My personal opinion on the game? I would've liked a US version of DM/GF/BM or something, but this isn't TOO bad.

I just don't like the current interface or graphics. I'd actually rather it have more style and attitude and an interface that is at least something akin to Bemani or Amplitude/Frequency. At this point, it looks really bland. The "crowd" is nothing but a bunch of cardboard cutout pictures of real people and the "singers" are horrible-looking "realistic" CG characters. Plus the guitar board thing isn't working for me. Even that looks horrible. I just hope this is a placeholder interface, but I somehow doubt it.

It doesn't really seem to identify itself with other music-based games very well, especially Bemani games.

As true as it is that it will only be a home game, the backround niose will still screw everything up. its not like its always 100% quiet at home.

XD I'd like to see a mode where you compete with the noise level of the game itself
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
JTchinoy
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Karaoke Revolution will do too well in America, I mean, in Asia karaoke is everywhere, and everyone is willing to sing in front of everyone, even in the arcades, because nobody is too judgmental, in my opinion anyhow, over there, so everyone will get a kick out of this game trying to sing better than their friends over there, and also to probably get attention from a girl/guy that they could jock for a date, I've seen this happen in arcades in the Philippines and China, karaoke is the way to meet people there, hehe. However, in America, people would be too embarrased to play this game, because most people are too scared of making themselves look/sound like an idiot. Here, there is a big difference of standing out and getting attention from people who think you're good, and standing out and getting attention from people thinking what an idiot.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D-Train
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems interesting, but the CG girl they have on the screenshots scares me. erm.gif but maybe it'll look better before the final release happy.gif otherwise I'd be willing to try it just to try it.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Xeon Transponder
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superstar Player wrote:
What does this game have to do with ddr to be posted on the front page?

it has nothing to do with DDR, however DDRFREAK.com is not specifically about DDR, it is about Bemani in general and kariokiedartyolcedigopted (however its spelled) revolution is under the bemani name therfore kariokieyoted revolution gets its spot on the front page. Now wheres that dictionary...
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit..Guess that means no techno/rave songs frown.gif Although that would be suprisingly funny.. watching someone be going "do doo dee da do do dee do daa doo dee" really fast over and over..bwahaha

</Post>
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Midnite Storm
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would put a two player mode, where one person sings the back up lyrics, eh just a thought.

View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Talon
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RomeoJoe86 wrote:
Also, how would you freestyle on this game?
easy.....PARODY LYRICS E4.gif (If the game is smart enough to know your lyrics as well as notes, then try to change the words without getting "caught")
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: