Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Karaoke Revolution Announced
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Karaoke Revolution Announced Reply with quote

Also out of E3: Konami is working on Karaoke Revolution, a karaoke simulation for the PS2 using a USB headset/microphone. Gamespot has information and screenshots in their E3 coverage.

While no song list has been announced, a song from Jennifer Love Hewitt will be included, as will songs from genres such as rock, dance, pop, and R&B. There will be at least three game modes, including showtime/story, arcade, and karaoke.

The game is planned for a November 2003 release, and is being developed by Harmonix, makers of Frequency and Amplitude.
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's being developed by Harmonix, does that mean it won't bear a Bemani label? Will the game be run by a similar system as DDR(i.e. if you sing bad enough, you'll fail)?

nothing to excess.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ver314
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's everyone's opinion on how this is going to work?
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I could the embarrisment of singing in an arcade (considering it one day will probobly be an arcade game).
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.zen.tek. wrote:
If it's being developed by Harmonix, does that mean it won't bear a Bemani label? Will the game be run by a similar system as DDR(i.e. if you sing bad enough, you'll fail)?

The game is being published by Konami. It's called "Konami's Bemani Series" - Konami has at least 3 separate development houses that work on the various games. I don't see how this changes anything.

And there's a meter in the screen shots, so I'd imagine it'd be more like Beatmania, where you have to get up to a certain level by the end of the song. But this is just my speculation.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The game is being published by Konami. It's called "Konami's Bemani Series" - Konami has at least 3 separate development houses that work on the various games. I don't see how this changes anything.

And there's a meter in the screen shots, so I'd imagine it'd be more like Beatmania, where you have to get up to a certain level by the end of the song. But this is just my speculation.

You seem to know a lot about this... Are YOU at E3??? If you are your one lucky person.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Superstar Player
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does this game have to do with ddr to be posted on the front page?
View users profile Send private message
Philosophy
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, am excited. I'm not really a great singer.. but then again, I'm not really a great dancer either.

I can't even imagine how this will work, but it's by Konami. The odds of them messing it up are slim. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't release a game that no one would play, so it'll probably be a lot more fun than real karaoke. sarc.gif

I'm looking forward to more updates and info on this game. I doubt there's any clear answer for this, but any idea (or prediction) when it'll be released stateside? (or, more importantly, when the home version will be released. Fun as the game sounds, singing in the middle of a crowded arcade isn't quite appealing.)

happy.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
StripesPanda
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...i wonder if someone will make a copy of the karaoke game for the computer.....because if they did, we could just plug the usb mic thing in and sing! sounds fun, i wish i had playstation 2.....

maybe someday....

But when i own my own house i will just save and buy actual arcade machines....

sorry.....off on a tangent....

anyways, this karaoke game sounds ridiculously different! I wanna play it.....in gacet i was just thinking about the idea of a karaoke game today, and then POOF there it was in the front page of ddrfreak...

that was weird....
Philosophy
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, check out that crowd in the first picture at gamespot. I think I see a few repeating faces.

The bar at the bottom with the notes looks awesome. At first I thought this game would be "sing along with you're favorites and we'll rate you", but it looks to be a lot more structured and predictable than that. Thank goodness. I hope there's actual words and not just do-re-mi in all the songs.

And I hope the characters are semi customizable.. are there any that, you know, wear clothes? peoples.gif

love.gif This is going to be a great game.
DoubleTrouble
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds......interesting.......
I'd rather have heard news of a new GF, DM or Beatmania......anyway....
I'd like to learn more about it....
View users profile Send private message
Aesir
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Souds pretty cool. I just hope Harmonix is in charge of the game's soundtrack. I can only imagine sining along to Bemani songs(shudder). Have they said anything about how you select your vocal range, or if there are different songs for different parts, like bass, tenor, soprano, etc.? I wonder if you can get away with singing an octave higher or lower than you're supposed to.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Aere Budd
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man this game sounds awesome! I hope they have songs like Dynamite Rave, End of the Century ( not great songs to dance to but singing is different) And wouldn't that be cool if they some how did one over Daikenkai and Breadown!( a song )? If Bemani will be responsible for the music. which most likely will happen, btw any one know how the males will sing female songs songs like Aesir said with the Soprano, Tenor, Bass and all of that other technical stuff.
altinure
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillarious. I <3 Konami.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
001 MadStepz
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Karaoke Revolution Announced Reply with quote

Remy wrote:

While no song list has been announced, a song from Jennifer Love Hewitt will be included, as will songs from genres such as rock, dance, pop, and R&B. .

daikenkai drool.gif
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Karaoke Revolution Announced Reply with quote

001-[msz] wrote:
Remy wrote:

While no song list has been announced, a song from Jennifer Love Hewitt will be included, as will songs from genres such as rock, dance, pop, and R&B. .

daikenkai drool.gif

Oh dear God ... shocked.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope that we don't get a terribly watered down American version as opposed to awesome Japanese song selections. Then again, the majority of people here don't know Japanese, so maybe a distinction between Jap and US versions may be good.

Just as good DDR players aren't necessarily good dancers, people good at this game may or may not be good at singing.

It will be interesting to see how the supposed arcade version of this game will have sturdy enough microphones to handle all the people using it, and let's not forget about sanitation. With all the people who play a DDR game in one day, imagine yourself having to share the same microphone with that same amount of people.

Yeah, I also wonder how this game will handle guys' as opposed to girls' voices.

How would tournaments be run for this game?

Also, how would you freestyle on this game?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very very interested in the possibilities for this game, but a video game based on the voice is conceivably more difficult than a game based on dancing, so I hope this will be easy to learn, catchy, and good for getting crowds, as DDR is.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
FuzionCracker
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotshot61388 wrote:
I don't know if I could the embarrisment of singing in an arcade (considering it one day will probobly be an arcade game).

Well, if it was me, I am already embarassing myself playing DDR and Dance Freaks. This is like one of those 'Lets see if you got what it takes to be on American Idol?'

Will Simon be the commentor for the game?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotshot61388 wrote:
You seem to know a lot about this... Are YOU at E3??? If you are your one lucky person.

I could've been, but for various reasons that are too boring to get into right now, I'm not.

Superstar Player wrote:
What does this game have to do with ddr to be posted on the front page?

It's a music game, from Konami, in the US. It will likely have a lot of crossover audience with the DDR community. We're going to cover it.

Did you complain about us mentioning Aerobics Revolution?

Also, folks, I said (and Gamespot said) arcade mode. Not an arcade machine.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, I dont think that this will work. I mean really, its a great idea and all, but chances of anybody playing it in an arcade is nonexistant due to the level of noise (not to mention embarassment), and even backround noises from playing at home will make it impossible to win even the easiest of songs...

(just imagine it, your sitting there with your headset on and your on one of the easiest songs and your preparing to sing a "do" when the phone rings, it registers as a "la" and "ti" and you get punished for the extra noise!
>_<)

Still, I'd like to try it riiight.gif

and for how it would work, i would imagine that before you begin it would ask for a voice sample and then the game would remember and register to that tone. (ie. before the song game says "please sing a lower "do" note, now." etc.)
hey, if hello pikachu worked this can too.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: