Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Petition to Ban Max Threads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
40. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Hmmmmm Reply with quote

TooNice wrote:
We don't have a "I passed my first cata thread". The reason for that is probably because people who just passed their first cata probably won't want to see their achievement burried on page 26.
Max is, to many, as much an accomplishment.

Definitely.

When I passed Max300 for the first time I was like "Whew" But honestly I didn't feel anything special. Special enough to post. I got a C on it. Most people do feel a need to post that accomplishment.

Even though I see these threads I'm willing to give my advice and happiness that's brought forth to their accomplishments.

TooNice wrote:
And likewise, I don't think anyone who's passed it for the first time would want to see it buried inside a massive thread

I wouldnt mind that...I know i've passed it and if I've posted it, people giving me my comments. But an actual thread where many people have posted it makes that person feel "not welcome" when someone else comments about someone else's accomplishment and not theirs and that could lead to some major thread flamage dude.

But yeah I wouldnt mind Max threads. (I still dont) and just as long as the same person doesnt post it twice in a row. We are a-ok. Post it twice in a row and we're going to have some serious trouble biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
And Phil so what if I am whatever you call me, I am more of a serious guy than a funny guy so what? Big deal! You can call me whatever you want, I don't care.

Go You~!
Go You~!
Go You~!

You told your friend you hate me over a INTERNET BS

Go YOU~!
Go YOU~!
Go YOU~!

But on another note, I was happy when I pass MAX300 for the first time. It took me 5 tries, I was only happy cause I still couldn't pass Afronova at the time. Damn this was Jan 2002 I think.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Cookies
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, last year it this forum was filled with OMG I PAZED A CATA!!!!11! type threads. Yeah, they got old. But it's what this forum is for. Everyone wants his/her own recognition for doing something that is considered a milestone in DDR. If you can post your accomplishments, then why can't someone else?

As far as stickying topics goes. In this forum, there are only 6 types of threads that belong.

1) Hi i'm new
2) I passed a cata/10 footer
3) I AAed a song
4) I almost AAAed a song
5) I AAAed a song
6) I cleared an oni

If a sticky were created for these, then there would only be 6 topics on the entire forum. So what would be the point of having N/N/I?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil of Team Family Fun wrote:

First, let me set the record straight I never said I hated you and make some sense. "You told your friend you hate me over a INTERNET BS" Hah, your funny you told your friend you hate me over "A Internet BS" is so ludricious. Where did you learn that? Think before you speak. I will say this though...one of my friends met you and he thinks you suck...anything you want to say in his face? I'm not gonna even mention his name, you figure it out...

Glorious Argutiae wrote:
Well, impressions are what we base our thoughts about you on. When you don't make good ones, you lose respect.

We huh? I can careless what you have to say....cause all you do is open your big mouth. When you don't make good ones, you lose respect. Yeah, so what? I probably wouldn't want to meet someone like you anyway telling me this and that and what to do? Worry about yourself before you start on me and others. I bet you for one thing you don't care about me but only to make myself look bad about myself huh? Is that what you enjoy doing for a living making others look bad and make yourself happy.

Vi0LeT Of AIM wrote:
Well I honestly wouldnt want to meet anyone from these boards period. I may see them but I dont introduce myself to them.

You know what good, I don't care if you ever meet me anyway and I know your talkin to me! From what I know about you, your nothing full of hypocrisy. I'm not going to lie...you claim to call yourself a Christian huh? Tell me from experience, does God himself curse? Certainly not. I've seen the way you talk, and I wouldn't introduce myself to you. You don't know who I am or seen me, so don't worry.. laugh.gif

Look what I found? My God most importantly. Yes that's right. I'm a Christian. If you don't like it you can kiss my BOOTY! God is what's changed my life all around. Gave me the morals that I have. I'm still a virgin, and the life and family that I have. I cannot let go of it. Thank you God :-) You've done so much for me..! I can't thank my family enough for what they've done for me.

Oh really, aww.....Christian huh? Let me dig up the definition and see if you really are.

Chris·tian ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krschn)
adj.

Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
Showing a loving concern for others; humane.

Hmm....you don't have qualities or the spirit of Jesus do you? He sure wouldn't be swearing every word would he? That's what I thought..even I know better not to. nerd.gif
View users profile Send private message
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
44. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

Oh brother here we go...ANYWAY. No I wasnt referring to YOU SPECIFICALLY.

Sheez. Well at least I dont agree with that biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I'm gonna step in now because this cockslinging is really pissing me off.

DDR_Freakaholic you are causing these problems for yourself. Phil was pointing out that some of the people who use their sigspace to boast accomplisments are in favor of banning Max Threads. He did not take that as an opportunity to attack you. Only after you senselessly "defend" yourself did anyone attack you. Also, no one cares that you are a christian. And if you are so christian and so adamant upon calling yourself that and trying to enforce guidelines, please follow them. Instead of asking Violet is jesus would curse, ask yourself if jesus would ignorantly rub his cock in people's faces like you feel so compelled to do.

Phil- Be the bigger man, please.

I'm tired of reading internet fights all the time. Please, please don't create them. I'm probably going to get points for this post, but I had to say my peace.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Phil ver0
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:

First, let me set the record straight I never said I hated you and make some sense. "You told your friend you hate me over a INTERNET BS" Hah, your funny you told your friend you hate me over "A Internet BS" is so ludricious. Where did you learn that? Think before you speak. I will say this though...one of my friends met you and he thinks you suck...anything you want to say in his face? I'm not gonna even mention his name, you figure it out...

I say one more thing, then I walk away.

Have you talked to your friend jake or IIDXJake, whatever he goes by, you should talk to him sometimes, he's the one who told me.

I walk away from this now
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

47. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
Glorious Argutiae wrote:
Well, impressions are what we base our thoughts about you on. When you don't make good ones, you lose respect.

We huh? I can careless what you have to say....cause all you do is open your big mouth. When you don't make good ones, you lose respect. Yeah, so what? I probably wouldn't want to meet someone like you anyway telling me this and that and what to do? Worry about yourself before you start on me and others. I bet you for one thing you don't care about me but only to make myself look bad about myself huh? Is that what you enjoy doing for a living making others look bad and make yourself happy.

If you cared less, you wouldn't make such a reply.
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

Oh boy.....

Hmmmmm that's a very nice observation there DDR FREAKAHOLIK but what does religion have anything to do with this?? Why did it even come up? And yes I do cuss I do swear but I do have morals and values too. And being human we all make mistakes. SO I do cuss. I admit it. So do you. Everyone does.

I guess i'm going to hell now.

*sigh* I find no point into bringing religion into this.

I also find that you are a very defensive person; you should open your options up a bit bro instead of closing them.

And Phrekwenci isnt trying to make himself feel better. He's stating fact. The truth hurts I know.

And i dont think you are going to get Flame Points for this VGS. You're just stating fact too. There's nothing wrong with that. And if you do get points. Your point is well said and I respect that too.

There are just some touchy points that DONT need to be brought up on an internet thread. Religion is one of them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeesh, so much hatin'...

Anyway, I agree with Phil and VGS, passing a max is a big deal, and if you cant post about it then why even have an accomplishment forum, and if we stickied threads like these, it would completly eliminate all other posts
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phil ver0
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still having post about passing MAXx HEAVY DOUBLES yet. Too lazy too. And I was happy I did, and It was just a week ago.
Smbu |L©|
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you two should have taken your argument to PM's or whatever... laugh.gif
On another note, I want to start a Petition to banned threads that introduce ppl.

Well I don't think this is going to happen, because...

Quote:
Newcomer/Novice/Intermediate
Introduce yourself here, talk about your DDR accomplishments.

Also...
Still having post about passing MAXx HEAVY DOUBLES yet. Too lazy too. And I was happy I did, and It was just a week ago.

Good job on passing it. I think thats one of the harder doubles songs to pass. Now try to pass LoM(hardest max IMO because of the 2nd half of the song) or PSM oni(just the craziest doubles song EVAR). Those are the only 2 doubles songs I haven't passed. E13.gif
Phil ver0
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smbu |L©| wrote:
Also...

Good job on passing it. I think thats one of the harder doubles songs to pass. Now try to pass LoM(hardest max IMO because of the 2nd half of the song) or PSM oni(just the craziest doubles song EVAR). Those are the only 2 doubles songs I haven't passed. E13.gif

The only thing that hard about LOM is the ending, I only played it on doubles 3 times. If I play LOM as my first song, instead of my last I could pass it.

PSM/Oni, I haven't tried it period.

I'm working on getting an A on MAXx, right now I'm at a B, score of 80XX.
TooNice
Staff Member
Staff Member

54. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I don't know if this little drama is over now, but this thread is now locked.

DDR_Freakaholic and Phil of Team Family Fun, next time you two feels like fighting, do it over PMs.

To the original poster: Personally, I agree with Vibrating Groovy Sexfiend in that there are only a limited type of posts that goes around in this forum. Hence I don't see the need of sticking them.
But if you still want to get a petition going, I guess site feedback might be a more appropriate to start it..
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: