Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Petition to Ban Max Threads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil ver0
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh geeeeee.

Some of you guys sit on your computer screen and say, "Let's Ban All MAX Threads" what a stupid Petition. While you're at it, please have one for Catas and certain songs, ONI's, and AA's.

Better yet I'm working on a Petition.. I'm trying to BANNED certain sig that's says

Quote:
Stealth Count - 14 || Latest Stealth - Last Message

Quote:
Favorite Song I Am Listening To RIGHT NOW: Still In My Heart (Momo Mix), Breakdown!, Sweet Sweet Love Magic, Max 300, Legend Of MAX, and Sakura
Current Level: Singles: HEAVY
Doubles: STANDARD
Current Struggle(s): R&P, EE, CSFILSP, and Bag

Quote:
Catas Passed: None! | Total Months Playing: 6 | Grand Master of the Anti "Solo" Code Clan
Paula Terrys #1 Fan | Currently Working On: PA'ing

Some of you guys should really think about topic like this before you post, because it seem some of you guys failed to realize that everybody have not been on this site forever, nor have everybody been playing forever nor they park their ass on the computer all day and read other people. If you have a problem with their ACCOMPLISHMENT or them pass MAX300 or MAXx or LoM, why don't you get off your lazy ass and get some yourself. Fucking HALF ASSES.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Mysterio
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Max(x) sticky might alleviate the problem.

It isn't that big a deal.

I FAILED MAX 300 TODAY!

Ahem...

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
View users profile Send private message
Mokaz
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps making a thread for the Maxes would be a waaaaay better idea. That way, you wouldnt have to read it. And if people continue to post somewhere else about the Maxes instead of the actual thread or something...give them a warning then.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil of Team Family Fun wrote:
Oh geeeeee.

Some of you guys sit on your computer screen and say, "Let's Ban All MAX Threads" what a stupid Petition. While you're at it, please have one for Catas and certain songs, ONI's, and AA's.

Better yet I'm working on a Petition.. I'm trying to BANNED certain sig that's says

Quote:

Quote:
Favorite Song I Am Listening To RIGHT NOW: Still In My Heart (Momo Mix), Breakdown!, Sweet Sweet Love Magic, Max 300, Legend Of MAX, and Sakura

Quote:
Catas Passed: None! | Total Months Playing: 6 | Grand Master of the Anti "Solo" Code Clan

Some of you guys should really think about topic like this before you post, because it seem some of you guys failed to realize that everybody have not been on this site forever, nor have everybody been playing forever nor they park their ass on the computer all day and read other people. If you have a problem with their ACCOMPLISHMENT or them pass MAX300 or MAXx or LoM, why don't you get off your lazy ass and get some yourself. Fucking HALF ASSES.

Quit hatin' and I am sorry that I am not as good as you....and you seem to have a problem that has to always involve me do you? Why you gotta be hatin on me? You have somethin against me or something. BTW...at least I ain't the one with the problems and if I see you I sure as heck don't want to meet a guy like you.

Mysterio wrote:
A Max(x) sticky might alleviate the problem.

It isn't that big a deal.

I FAILED MAX 300 TODAY!

Ahem...

Yes, good idea!! E1.gif
Phil ver0
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
Oh geeeeee.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quit hatin' and I am sorry that I am not as good as you....and you seem to have a problem that has to always involve me do you? Why you gotta be hatin on me? You have somethin against me or something. BTW...at least I ain't the one with the problems and if I see you I sure as heck don't want to meet a guy like you.

I don't have nothing against you, or anybody on this board. And you still talking about my problems which have been solved. But you ppl should let the nOObs post whatever they want. I would have a problem meeting with you one day, most likely we will, but until then, we're still gonna have these fights on the INTERNET.

I'm hating, you're one of the ppl bitchin about the people who post about passing MAX3 whatever.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Drenchfur
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Petition to Ban Max Threads Reply with quote

Red Chrono wrote:
Every single day, you see 2-3 brand new threads popping up with "Max" somewhere in the title.

This thread has "Max" in the title too. biggrin.gif

Seriously, though. When I passed my first cata I felt so proud I had to tell the DDR community about it. Newcomer / Novice / Intermediate was the accepted place to do it. A dedicated thread for this one accomplishment may have been overkill, but it was nice to be on the first page for about a day. I didn't notice the sticky about Newbie accomplishments before. It was created after my earlier thread though.

For the record, I can't even pass Max 300 on standard yet.
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have a problem meeting with you one day, most likely we will, but until then, we're still gonna have these fights on the INTERNET.

Really? We'll read what I said earlier I WOULDN'T WANT to meet someone like you and even most likely we will...I wouldn't want to talk to you or hang out with you. You seem to blast at me everytime I'm around and from what I heard from other people FORGET ABOUT IT! Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone and don't even try talkin or hangin out with me if you do see me either. STAY AWAY FROM ME, and don't even think about beating up on someone not your size. You so have alotta "beef" towards me..
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
27. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Hmmmmm Reply with quote

Well I honestly wouldnt want to meet anyone from these boards period. I may see them but I dont introduce myself to them.

I've met 4 people from these boards. (Met meaning people I think are decent and mature to talk to)

-Tsinay Butterfly
-DJ Tyrant
-DJ Ness
-Kennywood

And fighting on the internet? What is this world coming to? *sigh
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SsLordMagus wrote:
If we ban those topic there will not be a place for tehm to do so, PAssing a MAX song is a great acomplishement, maybe not for you people who can A it or above most of the time. But for the majority of the people, It feel good to post this, you dont like it, dont read it. I see sometime some post that have no interest to, i dont get mad over it, i simply read other stuff.. disgust.gif

Definatly exactly how i feel!!!!

BTW: if you all hate it so much why whine?! dont you think noobs and even some intermediate players get kinda board with experts saying every second "i can double a every song on heavy" " i think max 300 is so easy"
latest Achievement:AA senorita speedy mix 12 greats
Curently failing: more catasa ahh good times, good times"Mixmasta Mtom"
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Phil ver0
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
I would have a problem meeting with you one day, most likely we will, but until then, we're still gonna have these fights on the INTERNET.

Really? We'll read what I said earlier I WOULDN'T WANT to meet someone like you and even most likely we will...I wouldn't want to talk to you or hang out with you. You seem to blast at me everytime I'm around and from what I heard from other people FORGET ABOUT IT! Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone and don't even try talkin or hangin out with me if you do see me either. STAY AWAY FROM ME, and don't even think about beating up on someone not your size. You so have alotta "beef" towards me..

Oh god, someone need to get laid.
I never said anything negative to you. But I think I might now. You're all talk, and you take internet words too hard, which make you an HALF-ASS. You're judging me from an internet before you even know me, which makes you an HALF-ASS. I haven nothing against you, and never will. You're in Riverside, one day I might just go up there to visit Dragon Lair or something, and you might see me, and you might get to know me and might be cool with me, then I will say my name and you might be like "I didn't mean anything what I said on De De Are Geek, SO I SUGGEST YOU STOP RIGHT NOW.

Ha, I'm still laugh at this post. You got beef with a whole bunch of ppl on this boards, I suggest you stop acting like you're Mr. Know-it-all and get the reality check.
Phil ver0
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, I want to start a Petition to banned threads that introduce ppl.
RedChrono
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Well maybe I was harsh in "ban of all max threads", what I really want is a sticky for them, which seems to be what most people would want. I think i'ts pretty reasonable. Same goes for catas and onis too, which is also reasonable, good point Phil.

Quote:

If you have a problem with their ACCOMPLISHMENT or them pass MAX300 or MAXx or LoM, why don't you get off your lazy buttocks and get some yourself. frick HALF ASSES.

When you say "get some yourself" do you mean, "pass some of the maxes" yourself or "get some accomplishments yourself"? Plus my banner and sig don't take up nearly as much room as the hundreds of max threads that say basically the same exact thing. I think everyone would jsut want a sticky, that's all.
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
32. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmmmmm Reply with quote

Oh boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem here is that people take a subject to talk about and then it goes SPLAT meaning it goes out of proportions relegating it to the point where the Mods have to step in and warn certain people and then locking the thread. And then they go on make a new thread and it goes on and on and on and on....

An ugly cycle I tell you. An ugly cycle.
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmm Reply with quote

(Looks above)

Then of course there's faggy. Who is very cool to talk to. Beats me up and messes up my hair. (not like its messed up)

I'll count you in on my mature list of DDR Freaks Lisa biggrin.gif

-Tsinay Butterfly
-Saturnaius
-Kennywood
-DJ Ness
-DJ Tyrant
Administrator
Administrator

35. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you stop acting like you're Mr. Know-it-all and get the reality check.

Actually, he does a lot of agreeing. Not much on the feedback.
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

Glorious Argutiae wrote:
I suggest you stop acting like you're Mr. Know-it-all and get the reality check.

Actually, he does a lot of agreeing. Not much on the feedback.

Reading his posts I do "agree" with what you're saying!
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm okay, is there anything wrong with agreeing now? I do more than just say "Oh I agree" on most threads....and plus Mr. I got to change my name on DDRFreak a thousand times why do you care? It's not like your posting so I suggest quit acting like you know me. And since when did everyone have a problem with me agreeing with things? It's not neccesarily a bad thing.

And Phil so what if I am whatever you call me, I am more of a serious guy than a funny guy so what? Big deal! You can call me whatever you want, I don't care.
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

38. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
Umm okay, is there anything wrong with agreeing now? I do more than just say "Oh I agree" on most threads....

Just saying I agree, or in your case "I agree, that is a good idea, laugh out loud" is post whoring.

Quote:
and plus Mr. I got to change my name on DDRFreak a thousand times why do you care?

A thousand? Doesn't matter all your information stays the same no matter how many times you change it.

Quote:
It's not like your posting so I suggest quit acting like you know me.

Your universal come back "Don't act like you know me." Well, impressions are what we base our thoughts about you on. When you don't make good ones, you lose respect.

Quote:
And since when did everyone have a problem with me agreeing with things? It's not neccesarily a bad thing.

As explained, it can be.
Staff Member
Staff Member

39. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skip wrote:

Anyway...the problem is that passing Max300 has become a newbie accomplishment, but the newbies don't know it.

Tell that to the players in my area who thinks 6 footers is a great accomplishment. Granted, the average player in this forum may be better than that, but remember that not many people has played the game as long as you have.

In addition:

We don't have a "I passed my first cata thread". The reason for that is probably because people who just passed their first cata probably won't want to see their achievement burried on page 26.
Max is, to many, as much an accomplishment. And likewise, I don't think anyone who's passed it for the first time would want to see it burried inside a massive thread.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: