Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Petition to Ban Max Threads
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedChrono
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Petition to Ban Max Threads Reply with quote

Every single day, you see 2-3 brand new threads popping up with "Max" somewhere in the title. They all have the same couple topics:

1) Hey I've been playing DDR for 3 months and I jsut pased max300, am I good?

2) Hey I've been playing DDR for 14 minutes and I need stamina tips cause MaxUnlimited is hard, I get to the freeze then I die! help!

3) Wow I almost AA'd 300, except i got 34 misses and like 50 goods and more greats than perfects! I'm sure I'll get it tomorrow.

Look people, here's the lowdown. Yes, the Max's are challenging. Yes, they are stamina draining. It can take some people a year of practice before they can pass it, and some n00bs can pass it after 1 week of playing DDR. Yes, they CAN be AA'd (and YES, AAAd in rare cases). Did you just AA it? Good for you. Did you just barely pass it with no bar and a C for a grade? Good for you.

I am absolutely sick of threads about Max. I could go on for another hour about why these things are annoying, but I'm sure you all already know what they all are.

I am asking you people to "sign" this petition to ban any threads that have "Max, 300, Unlimited, Legend" in them. If no one signs it, so what. Maybe now I can annoy the people that annoy me with their threads.
ADHD Goten
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Petition to Ban Max Threads Reply with quote

Red Chrono wrote:
Every single day, you see 2-3 brand new threads popping up with "Max" somewhere in the title. They all have the same couple topics:

1) Hey I've been playing DDR for 3 months and I jsut pased max300, am I good?

2) Hey I've been playing DDR for 14 minutes and I need stamina tips cause MaxUnlimited is hard, I get to the freeze then I die! help!

3) Wow I almost AA'd 300, except i got 34 misses and like 50 goods and more greats than perfects! I'm sure I'll get it tomorrow.

Look people, here's the lowdown. Yes, the Max's are challenging. Yes, they are stamina draining. It can take some people a year of practice before they can pass it, and some n00bs can pass it after 1 week of playing DDR. Yes, they CAN be AA'd (and YES, AAAd in rare cases). Did you just AA it? Good for you. Did you just barely pass it with no bar and a C for a grade? Good for you.

I am absolutely sick of threads about Max. I could go on for another hour about why these things are annoying, but I'm sure you all already know what they all are.

I am asking you people to "sign" this petition to ban any threads that have "Max, 300, Unlimited, Legend" in them. If no one signs it, so what. Maybe now I can annoy the people that annoy me with their threads.

Amen, yo. Yeah.. I guess the Maxes are sort of hard, but people don't have to freaking post about them EVERY MINUTE. We ALL know that they're hard, and we don't need people just saying it taking up bandwidth.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought thats why we had the official maxes thread or something? or is that in the gameplay forum? I forgot...
Mark
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a good idea, but we already have the Newbie accomplishments sticky.

The only problem is the newbs don't use it.

Oh, and you should try posting this in the site feedback forum E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I feel you man....I'm getting sick of seeing them too!!
View users profile Send private message
nick.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya well, this IS the place (and the only place) where people can talk about their accomplishments.

And another thing, if you are sick of seeing max threads, then dont read them! You have that option you know.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Sk1p
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And another thing, if you are sick of seeing max threads, then dont read them! You have that option you know.

Using that logic, why should we limit the kinds of threads you can post at all? You can just not read them, you know. blink.gif

Anyway...the problem is that passing Max300 has become a newbie accomplishment, but the newbies don't know it. Is there any way to communicate that they should post that in the appropriate thread?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
NinJiTSu OLOL!O!1!1
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sign*
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about maybe instead of trying to ban them...you just don't read them? Just a thought. (I passed MaxX yesterday btw)
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about making a topic about it and stickying it.
And whoever makes a seperate topic about it, gets it locked.
wesdives
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere in the faq it's stated that the N/N/I thread is a fairly general purpose thread, and that you can post pretty much anything you want on here, if its on-ddr topic, and not have a problem. I do agree that there be a limitation on them; it is irritating to see all the ones where people are in between passing and AA. But I'd say that if they just passed it on heavy, that's more than just a newbie accomplishment, but also not something to post about frequently. I suggest there is a post asking to limit it, but I don't think such future posts should be warned. I mean, I'm gonna want to post once I finally AA it. 22 missteps and counting. but wait nevermind, everyone here hates me for saying that.
View users profile Send private message Send email Xbox Live Gamertag
SsLordMagus
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we ban those topic there will not be a place for tehm to do so, PAssing a MAX song is a great acomplishement, maybe not for you people who can A it or above most of the time. But for the majority of the people, It feel good to post this, you dont like it, dont read it. I see sometime some post that have no interest to, i dont get mad over it, i simply read other stuff.. disgust.gif
Tsunami Forever
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we ban all threads that go in the wrong place like this one?
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is in the wrong place, the mod could MOVE them to the right place instead of locking it, but some mod are too lazy to do so.. disgust.gif
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

14. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think it's a never ending cycle around here.

Max300 comes out
The first people to play it say it's really hard
Good people get good grades

Then the cycle begins

They post about it here
N00bs read good people play Max300
N00bs play Max300
N00bs post about it here
More n00bs read about people (in general) playing Max300

Shake until frosty.

We need more people saying the Maxes aren't fun at all. Quite frankly, I find them draining and hard on the ears.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
15. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

Sounds like a good petition.

Though I have a better one.

How about...we make a petition to ban threads that try to ban threads.

Basically saying. (Let them have their fun. The Maxes aren't easy and I think are worth posting. Just as long as there arent 2-3 of them a day indeed. But NNI is where people post their accomplishments.)

I think the same thing but then I tell myself that Maxes are hard. And they are really proud of themselves for what they got. I cant complain.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about just making a Max sticky?

I know the Maxes are hard, I know they're tiring, I know you have to be really good to clear them (which is why I can't last 40 seconds in LoM), but having Max threads coming out the wazoo is a waste of bandwidth.

Don't make me mad, I know karate!
(Not to mention a bunch of other Japanese words.)
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poochy wrote:
How about just making a Max sticky?

I know the Maxes are hard, I know they're tiring, I know you have to be really good to clear them (which is why I can't last 40 seconds in LoM), but having Max threads coming out the wazoo is a waste of bandwidth.

Exactly, that's what I'm sayin? E13.gif
PxDnAkumA
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and again...don't read them. Thread's usually are pretty well labeled...I passed Paranioa Survivor today with a C. Twice.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there are a lot of max threads. Oh well, just don't read em.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: