Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The mystery of DDRMAX 6th Mix...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[S4U] Evo
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
Vi0LeT wrote:
6th mix also opened up the lengths to many things that led to the DDR it is today.

R.I.P. DDR Max

How did 6th mix open up many things? It introduced getting to the options screen before playing your song. It was DDR MAX 2 that opened up Nonstop/Oni courses I think. confused.gif

freeze arrows?

heh thats all that comes to mind right now erm.gif

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6th also had some really good stepcharts. 6th mix was when songs really started following the music. A lot of songs before 5th mix had lots of 1/4 notes and 1/8th runs during parts of the music that were really rhythmically interesting. 6th mix, in general changed that.

Before 6th mix, besides MAX300 and So Deep, we didn't have anything like Fantasy, Twilight Zone, Do You Remember Me, Justify My Love, etc.

It's not just the freeze arrows that were new to DDRMAX.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibrating Groovy Sexfiend wrote:
Max does have some of the best music. But the short song list, and the lack of other features makes it shitty. I'd take almost anything over a max machine because of that.

Even USA????

Max wasn't THAT bad.

It changed alot about DDR:

The motion video bg's

The new, non-irritating announcer

The speed mods that is responsible for so many peep's AA's

The Extra Stage

Freeze Arrows (yeah i know Pump had it, but still...)

Max 300's 10 foot level

4 of the best of the rarest songs on any machine, even though each mix had it's own few. Eveyone loved Ghosts. I was so sad when I found out none of these would be on Extreme (Telephone Operator was the only savior)

I would pick a Max machine over an Extreme machine honestly.

LET'S MAX!!!
nick.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But max 300 is what really made made the mix stand out, I remember the first time I played it. "HOLY SHIT, THIS SONG IS FAST!"

Plus some of those songs really brought a whole new meaning to the word cata.

[nitpick]And max didnt entirely have a new songlist, they used healing vision angelic mix, nori nori nori, and a song called the centre of my heart (I think), songs that appeared in 5th mix home version[/nitpick]
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Sk1p
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great hardcore player's mix. It has fewer songs, yeah, blah blah blah. But it is also rarer than almost any other DDR machine and has a few FANTASTIC songs that you can play ONLY on 6th Mix. I would make a decent trip to play Flash in the Night and BBBB, and I know I'm not alone. Plus, now that a lot of people can AA Max300 getting Candy as One More Extra Stage can be really fun.

If I were an arcade owner, I would get Extreme first to attract everyone; 5th Mix to really please newbies; and then if I were getting a third machine it would be 6th.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Mr. Deus
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got a 6th mix, and I hate it.

Oh sure, it's got some decent songs. But it's terrible as a solitary machine. 42 songs?! What kind of shit is that? Konamix had more songs than that.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ix3.14xI wrote:
I'm not sure if Max one said this but the quote states "We're starting all over again!"

That's on Extreme, not on Max.

Aaron Oppa wrote:
4 of the best of the rarest songs on any machine, even though each mix had it's own few. Eveyone loved Ghosts. I was so sad when I found out none of these would be on Extreme

Please try to avoid sweeping statements like that. I like to listen to Ghosts, but I think stepwise, it's one of themost boring songs in DDR history. Thus, not everyone loves Ghosts. E10.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
27. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm Reply with quote

J.A.S.R wrote:
DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
Vi0LeT wrote:
6th mix also opened up the lengths to many things that led to the DDR it is today.

R.I.P. DDR Max

How did 6th mix open up many things? It introduced getting to the options screen before playing your song. It was DDR MAX 2 that opened up Nonstop/Oni courses I think. confused.gif

freeze arrows?

heh thats all that comes to mind right now erm.gif

Well lots come to my mind when I think of Max

-The First introduced song that surpassed a 9. But instead a 10 footer (Max 300)
-Introduction to a hard extra stage worth trying for. (Max 300)
-Freeze arrows.
-Introduction to one of best songs on DDR. (So Deep)
-The rarest Mix out there.
-Around my area, one of the most anticipated mixes (Besides Extreme)
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna nitpick too. Max300 wasn't designated a 10 footer on DDRMax because there are no feet ratings, just the groove radar. So technically it was Max2 that introduced that difficulty level. E15.gif

Flash in the Night and Bye Bye Baby Balloon are fantastic songs, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find a max machine to play them. Just like I won't go out of my way to find a 5th mix machine so I can play Radical Faith.

Max may have introduced certain things, but there is nothing, feature-wise, on a max machine that I can't find on a 7th or 8th.
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
29. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

haha I yeah that stupid groove radar. How could I forget that? Well I didnt actually. Just ashamed to mention it because I thought it made no sense. Especially when I got introduced to Max 300 for the first time. When I failed, I thought to myself.

"Boy what a hard 9 footer"
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that you guys brought it up, you guys had good points!!

With 6th Mix....

No more choosing your characters, which I didn't care much for anyway but I would love to play as Alice or Emi anyday. E1.gif

No Long Versions!! I miss those, but oh well...

They first introduced Freeze Arrows, Secret Options, Groove Radar (which I like cause you can figure how hard the song is instead of sight-reading and seeing if the song is hard or not), 10 footers, and that darn hard Extra Stage!! biggrin.gif

The Secret Options has help me and many others get those AA or AAA's on Light/Std/Heavy.....I mean AA'ng or AAA'ng songs on 1x can sometimes be difficult ya know. E15.gif
View users profile Send private message
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deus Ex Machina wrote:

Oh sure, it's got some decent songs. But it's terrible as a solitary machine. 42 songs?! What kind of shit is that? Konamix had more songs than that.

Eh, I wouldn't mind take the 6th Mix off your hands buddie lol. I feel like I'm the only person in this thread who likes 6th Mix. Yes, 6th mix has some good and bad points but it's a good mix...just not as good as the 7th and EX!! biggrin.gif
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Who loves Max? Reply with quote

-The sixth arcade machine didn't invent the extra stage concept either. Paranoia and Trip Machine were the original extra stages.

-Someone already said that the foot rating of 10 was added to Max300 later. The groove radar was new though and IMO superior to the foot ratings but most people prefer the instant comparison of numbers I guess.

-6th mix also had 42 songs - WEAK - and only 16 of those were Konami Originals. Of those, most them could be found on the 4th mix or 5th mix Playstation one games. This is the only Japanese DDR game where I'd much rather spend $30 to import the OST rather than spend $60 to import the game ( and I haven't done either yet ).

-I can play So Deep on MAX2.

Max loses. Thats why MAX2 come out so quickly and with so many new KOs, the oni remixes, and the repeats 'from 5th mix'. KOJ must've guessed that they had a bomb. frown.gif If I had to give affection to an arcade machine with a small songlist that is now considered rare because it was upgraded mercilessly, it would be 3rd mix. And with 2nd remix mode it even had more songs! 4th, 4th+ and 5th mixes are also more fun too.
Maistorm
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:

Eh, I wouldn't mind take the 6th Mix off your hands buddie lol. I feel like I'm the only person in this thread who likes 6th Mix. Yes, 6th mix has some good and bad points but it's a good mix...just not as good as the 7th and EX!! biggrin.gif

Oh sure, you think you'd like to have a 6th mix - but try having it as your only machine for 5 months. You'd hate it with a passion.
Cowman715
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:

Your not alone i love 6th mix at least 4 songs out of it lol.... riiight.gif BBBB, Ghost, So Deep, and max 300 so i only lost 2 songs i loved from the mix.... other then that it waz kinda usless now what each mix changed

1st well its the origional it couldnt change ne thing
2nd invented the down down thing to change dificulty not dddruul
3rd ssr and new characters, invented the 9 nonstop mode who could forget unison mode lol how long that lasted
4th battle mode happy.gif more characters
5th better graphics even more and new characters long versions
6th um... new anouncer freeze arrows, times speed, graph not foot lvl extra stage
7th foot lvl is back, another 10, oni, i think nonstop... i think, dark,
extreme combination of everything

i no i forgot some stuff so plz do add in wat i forgot

HE'S SO FUCKING FUNNY WITH THE RANDOMNESS AND MY CAPS PROVE IT TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Mysterio
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6th Mix ownz!

Around where I play there is a 5th for .75 for 5 songs and the Max, which is .50 for 5.

My friends and are like "frick 5th, lets play Max"

It has enough songs; more to the point it has enough good songs. EE, HVAM, So Deep, Flash in the Night, etc. Judged by new songs only, it is my favorite.

It introduced very challenging songs, as Rancid said.

In short, it reinvented DDR, and I love it. I might actually take it over a MAX2 (not an Extreme though).

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
Saint.kcgnz
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Japanese version of 6th mix and I think it rocks.. Because compard to other home versions the number of songs is similar or the same. biggrin.gif

But playing it in the arcade is a different story.. No rational arcade owner would keep 6th when they can upgrade to 7th and keep most of the 6th mix songs. Yeah, I know I miss Ghosts and flash in the night;- but thats what the home version is for! biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
game_tip
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an official 6th mix not currently installed in my garage
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRMAX1 had my most favorite song in all of DDR, which was also my best freestyle routine ever. Flash In The Night. And they took it away from me. I want that song back! If they didn't take it out, I believe I would have been able to take 1st in the SVGL2 tournament no problem. If they do make another DDR mix, please put Flash In The Night back in! I don't care how many good liscensed songs you have to take out to put it back in, just put it back in. I want to finally be able to win a freestyle tournament.
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maistorm wrote:
Oh sure, you think you'd like to have a 6th mix - but try having it as your only machine for 5 months. You'd hate it with a passion.

Wanna bet? I love alotta songs on DDR...heres what I like on the 6th Mix

Ready?

Ghosts
Look To The Sky
Dive
BBBB
HVAM
EE
Telephone Operator
I'm In The Mood For Dancing
Do You Remember Me
Flash In The Night
Let's Groove
On The Jazz
My Sweet Darlin'
Max 300
So Deep
Witch Doctor
Lovin' You
Fantasy
Ordinary World
Freckles
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
The Centre Of The Heart
True (both Sunrise and Radio Edit)
Candy
Firefly
Cowgirl
Follow Me
Nori Nori Nori
Blondegirl
Twilight Zone
Midnite Blaze
Highs Off U
Yozora No Muko

I play them and as well love listening to them!! biggrin.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: