Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami Announces DDR MAX2 for the US
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtomicKittin615
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Currently failing 8-footers on a DDR pad near you! :P
240. PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:

As for everyone wanting Dancemania stuff...I certainly don't. At least, not only that. If Speed Over Beethoven is put on Max2, I'm going to cry. I think that the license songs they got for MaxUS were better than a lot of the Dancemania and KO songs they put on it. "You Leave Me Alone" is MUCH better than that "I'm For Real" shit.

ROTFLMAO!! laugh.gif
That song *does* leave much to be desired, I agree.
DBF rules my world!!

But overall, IMO, KOA did a pretty good job on MAXUSA. I was surprised as sh!t to see they actually got the license for "Sandstorm." Go KOA!! happy.gif Wonder what they are going to pull out of the hat this time. No matter what, tho, I'm not gonna bitch about it. Sure, I have my list of stuff I'd like to see (like Euro, Rave, and Speed... erm.gif ) but just knowing that KOA is releasing another stateside DDR for PS2 is enough to make me happy. Proves that DDR has gained a healthy following in the US.

As for my "wish list" (c'mon... everyone has 'em) Mine consists of 5 things:

1. Euro/Rave/Speed (have I said that enough??)
2. Something by 2 Unlimited (preferably "Tribal Dance." It was a big hit stateside along w/"Twilight Zone" in the early 90's)
3. *ANYTHING* by Captain Jack...
4. *ANYTHING* by Bus Stop (except, maybe, "Kick the Can..." disgust.gif )
5. More MAX2 stuff (like BreAkdown!, CANDY(heart), or eversnow)

simple, really...

(Feel free to point and laugh...)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
ssb2mjay
Trick Member
Trick Member

241. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E2.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
ssb2mjay
Trick Member
Trick Member

242. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ssb2mjay, misreading what others were saying, "]Whoa!!!! Not that's cool. Thanks. Oh 1 more thing. Are they gonna be fully playable in the US PS2 Version of DDRMAX2?[/quote]

There is no confirmed songlist for MAX2USA. The Oni remixes have not been confirmed as being on said MAX2USA. Please don't assume that they are.[/list][/quote]

[b]I'm Sorry! <frown.gif[/b]
Psyklops
Trick Member
Trick Member

243. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:

So...everyone doesn't want repeats, but the fact that these two songs (already on older US mixes) aren't being asked for (probably because they're already on older US mixes) shows that they aren't wanted? I dunno, I like Era, but I don't want it on Max2 because it's ALREADY ON A GAME THAT WE HAVE. But Remy mentioned that Era has been mentioned already.

There should be no reason at all to repeat a song in any US DDR release, There are so many songs that we have not seen yet and if people want the old songs, then buy the old mixes. If they are trying to keep current DDR fans buying the new releases, then they should pay heed to these message boards instead.
On a sidenote, I like 'Era' too (and other KO songs as well *gasp*) I guess I find it hard to believe that KOA is denied access to the "good" KO songs and they are limited to "fan favorites" like "22dunk" and "GAMBOL"

Spike wrote:

As for everyone wanting Dancemania stuff...I certainly don't. At least, not only that. If Speed Over Beethoven is put on Max2, I'm going to cry. I think that the license songs they got for MaxUS were better than a lot of the Dancemania and KO songs they put on it. "You Leave Me Alone" is MUCH better than that "I'm For Real" shit. I don't play Dark Black Forest, but I still think it's good that it was on there.

Someone said earlier that the MAX2 ONI remixes where done by artists at Toshiba's Dancemania studios. So if you don't want Dancemania songs, I'll assume you mean the ONI remixes as well.
As far as extreme goes, the new DM stuff is sub-par. The most requested DM songs are from 4th, 5th and 6th mix. Thats where the major portions of peoples wishlists are focused. As I said earlier in this thread, I don't care about individual songs, I am concerned with VARIETY. I'll say it again, DDR US had the best cross section of songs to date for a US release. Of the last 3 DDR releases in the US only ONE has had any licenesed songs at all!!! IF KONAMI IS FOCUSING THEIR MARKETING ON NEW PLAYERS, HOW THE HELL DO YOU ATTRACT THEM WITH KONAMI ORIGINALS THAT NOBODY ON EARTH COULD HAVE HEARD OF OUTSIDE OF BEMANI? (From the recent song lists I guess we are to assume that KOA's main maketing demographic is US BEATMANIA PLAYERS!! LOL)

Spike wrote:

Quote:

There is a reason for this... PEOPLE LIKE THEM!!!

It's funny, because Dynamite Rave won the Konamix poll we had. It was put on there, and SO MANY PEOPLE complained that it was a wasted spot. Why? Could it be that it was already on DDR USA? BUT WE LIKE THE SONG!!!

Oh? Dynamite Rave beat out all the Dancemania songs in KONAMIX???!!
(I'm confused) E19.gif

Spike wrote:

dancer-x said that KOA cannot listen to the hardcore players. Why not? Because everyone yells out what they want, and then bitch when KOA gives them a new game. I'm always blown away about the number of people that demand a song, and don't understand that Konami is a BUSINESS, and they cannot bow down to the whims of any one person if they hope to stay alive.

As I said before, I want VARIETY!! What DDR n00b is scouring the songlist for ports of every hard-core-techno beatmania song before they buy the game? If KOA wants to attract the biggest audience, they should have a good cross section of music. The last 3 DDR games have not had any noticable amount of songs from the Latin-beat, Hip hop, Disco, Eurodance, and Pop genres.

Spike, you have to explain this to me. Am I on my own here? Are the overwhelming majority of people who buy DDR game intrested in nothing other than Techno, House, and Trance songs from Beatmania artists? Is KOA monitoring a message board somewhere that has 100k+ members all saying that they want more stuff from the Club Mixes? Hey, maybe I've got this all wrong.
Maybe KOA hasn't lost touch, maybe they aren't cheap. But if I'm wrong, how do you explain this? E19.gif
freestyla411
Basic Member
Basic Member

244. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E1.gif
[b]look we all want certain things in the game or certain songs but we can't always have what we want and plus who knows they might have something good in store for us. i think DDR MAX USA was good but they could've done a little better and i really like the IDEA of US licenses songs such as "Sandstorm" and Dark Black Forest" yeah.....
but here are the facts we can believe and we have to look at
[b]1. [/b]MaxX Unlimited is going to be on MAX2 USA ph0 sh0 because what would DDR MAX 2 USA be w/o the main MAX 2 song.
[b]2. [/b]Kakumei is a pho sho song also b/c thats the second main song in MAX2 so its GOING to be on there because otherwise you can't consider MAX2 USA a MAX game unless it has the TWO MAIN DDR SONGS IN the game that are slated for it and ect.
[b]3. [/b]you can expect one of the PARANOIA songs on MAX2 USA because thats a song thats been on every DDR GAME except 4th mix.
[b]4.[/b]There might be a chance for BRILLIANT 2u (K.O.G G3 mix) because thats the only Brilliant 2u song that hasn't been in the US game.
[b]5.[/b]Hopefully they'll let Max300 be a repeat on MAX2 USA.
[b]6.[/b] frust.gif DAMN i can't believe they forgot to put one of the AFRONOVA songs on MAX USA!!!!!!!!
[b]8.[/b]you can expect DYNAMITE RAVE
[b]9.[/b] hopefully they'll let LOOK TO THE SKY and DROP THE BOMB be on MAX 2 USA
[b]10.[/b]crossing fingers for SO DEEP E13.gif and FRECKLES plz
[b]11.[/b] more USA LICENED SONGS
bye bye payce out everyone
freestyla411
Basic Member
Basic Member

245. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back one more time E13.gif
DDR MAX 2 USA might get lucky by scoring a couple DDR EXTREME SONGS HOPEFULLY..... riiight.gif
and if it does i hope they're good ones frust.gif
b/c wasn't SECRET RENDOVOUS from MAX 2 the arcade????? E19.gif
b/c if it was.. then ummm it showed up on MAX USA nerd.gif
and if it showed up on MAX USA when it was on MAX 2 arcade version
then maybe MAX2 USA will have a song from EXTREME E4.gif
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

246. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psyklops wrote:

There should be no reason at all to repeat a song in any US DDR release, There are so many songs that we have not seen yet and if people want the old songs, then buy the old mixes. If they are trying to keep current DDR fans buying the new releases, then they should pay heed to these message boards instead.

Quote:

On a sidenote, I like 'Era' too (and other KO songs as well *gasp*) I guess I find it hard to believe that KOA is denied access to the "good" KO songs and they are limited to "fan favorites" like "22dunk" and "GAMBOL"

I don't know what KOA has access to or not. But, I do know that KOJ has at least some amount of control over it. At least, they did with DDR USA and Konamix. They told Enos that he had to put Let Them Move in Konamix or they wouldn't ok it. KOA may want to give us certain songs, but KOJ won't let them.

Quote:
Spike wrote:

As for everyone wanting Dancemania stuff...I certainly don't. At least, not only that.

Someone said earlier that the MAX2 ONI remixes where done by artists at Toshiba's Dancemania studios. So if you don't want Dancemania songs, I'll assume you mean the ONI remixes as well.

I bolded part of my quote for emphasis. But, if those oni remixes are going to be on Max2 JP, then I'd rather have new songs in Max US oni courses.

Quote:
IF KONAMI IS FOCUSING THEIR MARKETING ON NEW PLAYERS, HOW THE HELL DO YOU ATTRACT THEM WITH KONAMI ORIGINALS THAT NOBODY ON EARTH COULD HAVE HEARD OF OUTSIDE OF BEMANI?

Konamix was made so that there wouldn't be a huge gap between DDR USA and DDR MAX, both in game quality and time. Konamix was all Konami originals because if KOA took a ton of money to make Konamix great they couldn't make Max US as good as it was. And I never said they're focusing their marketing on just new players. I said that they aren't focusing solely on the hardcore players, as many people here tend to believe.

Quote:
Spike wrote:

It's funny, because Dynamite Rave won the Konamix poll we had. It was put on there, and SO MANY PEOPLE complained that it was a wasted spot. Why? Could it be that it was already on DDR USA? BUT WE LIKE THE SONG!!!

Oh? Dynamite Rave beat out all the Dancemania songs in KONAMIX???!!
(I'm confused) E19.gif

I don't understand what your point is. Are you trying to point out that it's a KO or something? My point was that he mentioned that a song should be put in the game because it is liked. My point was that people liked Dynamite Rave, but it shouldn't have been put in Konamix because it was already in DDR USA. Who cares if it's a Konami Original or not? It was already in a game here, and so it was a wasted spot to me. I played it on Konamix once just to unlock songs and to say I beat every song.

Quote:
As I said before, I want VARIETY!! What DDR n00b is scouring the songlist for ports of every hard-core-techno beatmania song before they buy the game? If KOA wants to attract the biggest audience, they should have a good cross section of music. The last 3 DDR games have not had any noticable amount of songs from the Latin-beat, Hip hop, Disco, Eurodance, and Pop genres.

I said that they can't follow the whims of any one person. You say you want variety. What about those who don't? Not everyone wants variety. Some people may want a game that is all hip hop, or all disco, or all techno, or all club. KOA has to decide what they think is the best and go with it. If every song that was in the game was a completely different style of song, it may turn out great, or it may completely flop.

Quote:
Are the overwhelming majority of people who buy DDR game intrested in nothing other than Techno, House, and Trance songs from Beatmania artists?

Look around yourself and you should easily see the answer to that.

Quote:
Maybe KOA hasn't lost touch, maybe they aren't cheap. But if I'm wrong, how do you explain this? E19.gif

I would argue that in some cases they are cheap. No new steps for old songs in Konamix was certainly cheap. Not enough bug testing for Konamix was certainly cheap. Certain songs on DDR MAX not given updated steps. No Maniac2 steps in DDR MAX. In other ways, they aren't cheap, because they're willing to give us licensed songs that haven't been in DDR before, and I'm sure that Max2 will have even more. The licensed songs in Max were a test to see how people would react to them. To me, it seems like overall the reaction was good. Some people may not have liked the songs, but I don't really see anyone saying "DAMMIT WHY DID YOU GIVE US SONGS THAT MIGHT MAKE THE JAPANESE IMPORT OUR GAME???" Seems like KOA will put some more completely new songs on Max2.

As for losing touch, Enos himself said that KOA cannot trust the fans. So sounds like they have. Is it his fault? Did they never listen to us and completely ignore what the fans want? Enos wouldn't come to this website if that was true. I cannot say for sure if he ignores what we say or not because I don't know the entire process, and what outside factors (such as KOJ forcing Let Them Move upon us) exist. But, I'd say that it is more the fan's fault that KOA cannot listen to us. They ask us what we want, we say what we want, then get angry when we are given it (such as the Konamix poll example I gave).
Administrator
Administrator

247. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freestyla411 wrote:

5.Hopefully they'll let Max300 be a repeat on MAX2 USA.

WHY? What point would that serve? If you want Max300, then GET DDR MAX US. It's a wasted slot, just like Dynamite Rave was on Konamix because it was already on USA. I'd MUCH rather have a song that hasn't been on any US game than one that already has been.

Quote:
DAMN i can't believe they forgot to put one of the AFRONOVA songs on MAX USA!!!!!!!!

GAH. That's because Afronova was on DDR USA and Primeval was on Konamix. BUY THE OLDER GAMES. They didn't "forget," there just ISN'T A POINT.

Quote:

you can expect DYNAMITE RAVE

Why? Because then we'll have THREE GAMES with the SAME SONG on them?

Quote:
hopefully they'll let LOOK TO THE SKY and DROP THE BOMB be on MAX 2 USA

Ah yes, so we can have more of the same. Sounds good sarc.gif
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

248. PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Max2 US needs is CandyHeart
View users profile Send private message Send email
Rivotall
Trick Member
Trick Member

249. PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone complains about the versions of DDR that are released here they should just get the Japanese ones. I'm sure if you have both, you'll probably have nothing to gripe about.

As long as people are wishing, wouldn't it be cool if they got Yoko Kanno to create some music for a DDR release....

I'm sure Spike would agree.
ssb2mjay
Trick Member
Trick Member

250. PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Jay's BIG News from OPM! Reply with quote

Great News! (and I do mean GREAT.)
I just got an all new issue of OPM (the issue with a cover game:Def Jam Vendetta)
And it says in "News Flash" article, titled "Keep on Dancin'",
that DDRMAX2 for US PS2 is coming..........SUMMER 2003!

This is excellent news from all of us.

Oh. About my previous post with me being assuming, why in the world would you say that? WHY??E2.gif

Just to get to the point.
I'm sorry......E2.gif E2.gif E2.gif
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

251. PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Jay's BIG News from OPM! Reply with quote

ssb2mjay wrote:
Great News! (and I do mean GREAT.)
I just got an all new issue of OPM (the issue with a cover game:Def Jam Vendetta)
And it says in "News Flash" article, titled "Keep on Dancin'",
that DDRMAX2 for US PS2 is coming..........SUMMER 2003!

Oh. About my previous post with me being assuming, why in the world would you say that? WHY??E2.gif

Just to get to the point.
I'm sorry......E2.gif E2.gif E2.gif

The official PR from Konami said "Fall 2003"; I'd imagine OPM may have misprinted the info.

As for why I said you were assuming they were on there, you wrote:
Quote:
Oh 1 more thing. Are they gonna be fully playable in the US PS2 Version of DDRMAX2?

I read that to mean "Are they going to have a full set of steps, not like on Extreme where most of them only have challenge steps?". Perhaps I misread, and if so, I apologize.

In any case, it wasn't meant as a flame, I just want to avoid people thinking that anything is on DDRMAX2USA until we have solid evidence. Nothing has been released regarding the song list, so no one really knows, and after what happened with MAXUSA (where people bought into a fake song list and then complained when there were songs "missing"), I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.
Basic Member
Basic Member

252. PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riiight.gif i guess you're right SPIKE
i have all the US versions of DDR and the Japanese ones that everybody is aware of....and get a hold of
I'm hoping to see a Variety of SONGS that EVERYONE will LIKE
NO MORE REPEATS AIGHT!!!!!!!!
I wasn't to fond seeing MATSURI JAPAN make its way to MAX USA
but oh well ISH happens
i'd like to see some work from DAFT PUNK IF its POSSIBLE and that song KREO you know BURN 4 YOU
whatever the outcome is for MAX2 i'm sure everyone will like it and so will I.
i wasn't really complaining with the songlist for USA it was good yeah
PAYCE E13.gif
ssb2mjay
Trick Member
Trick Member

253. PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: My songlist predictions in DDRMAX2 Reply with quote

ssb2mjay wrote:
My predictions for DDRMAX2 will be:
1. "Upside Down" by Coo-Coo
2. "Starian" by Duke (V.I.S. (Very Important Song))
3. "Dam Dariram" by Joga (Another V.I.S.)
4. "Maximum Overdrive" by 2 Unlimited
5. "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Cosmic Gate
6. "Heaven" by DJ Sammy
7. "Boom Boom Dollar (K.O.G. G3 Mix)" by King Kong & D Jungle Girls
8. "Vol. 4" by Raver's Choice (Yet Another V.I.S.)
9. "Drop The Bomb" by Scotty D (Still Another V.I.S.)
10. "i feel..." by Akira Yamaoka (I.L.T.S. (I Love This Song))
11. "R3" by Tiger Yamato (or whatever the last name is)
12. "Stop The Rock" by Apollo 440 (Cool song)
13. "Let The Beat Hit Em" by Stone Bros. (Original)
14. "Strictly Buisness" by Mantronik vs. EPMD (Even Another V.I.S.)
15. "Little B***h" by The Specials

Okay, since you gave me your opinion on my songs 16-35...
Now you need to give me opinion on these songs.
You know the chart.
N/A:Never heard of it
Boo:Didn't like it
Good:Almost liked it
Great:Liked it a few times
Perfect:Liked it a lot

I'll holla
ssb2mjay
Trick Member
Trick Member

254. PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: You Fools! Reply with quote

A few days after post #253, I get no response from all of you. I think it's because that you all need to conserve your strength for a few months. And yes this game (DDRMAX2) IS coming in the summer of 2003 and hopefully not in the fall. I'm just trying to shorten the wait for the game to come out.
And by the way, I brought a few more of my songs to be predicted in DDRMAX2 continuing from 35:
    36. Fell In Love With A Girl/The White Stripes/190 bpm (Oops. I already mentioned it.)
    37. Will O The Wisp/Banya/210 bpm
    38. Oy Oy Oy/Banya/148 bpm
    39. So Deep (Perfect Sphere Mix)/Silvertear/140 bpm
    40. Cutie Chaser/Club Spice/126 bpm
    41. Palladio/Silent Nick/75-150-300 bpm (Tempo Changer)
    42. Still In My Heart/Naoki/150 bpm
    43. N/Banya/105 bpm?
    44. Space Fantasy/E-Paksa/186 bpm
    45. Vook/Banya/184 bpm
    46. Without You/Digital Allies featuring Richard Luzzi/141 bpm?
    47. Somewhere I Belong/Linkin Park/80 bpm
    48. Dr. M/Banya/145 bpm
    49. Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous/Good Charllotte/105-210 bpm
    50. Insomnia/Faithless/125 bpm
    51. Funny Break (1 Is Enough) (Weekend Raver's Mix)/Orbital/130 bpm
    52. Perfect Free/Nite System/130 bpm
    53. Cry Me A River/Justin Timberlake/76 bpm

Hopefully these BPM are correct. See ya.
If it's summer, it's 3 1/2, 4 1/2, or 5 1/2 months left
If it's fall, it's 6 1/2, 7 1/2, or 8 1/2 months left
[EX]DDR_Player
Basic Member
Basic Member

255. PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope that it has all the good maxx 2 arcade songs on it
View users profile Send private message
freestyla411
Basic Member
Basic Member

256. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: nothin Reply with quote

ssb2mjay........... its ok to wish but try not to over do it aight lolz bcuz some of that stuff is unbelievable ya know only a certain few were gifted songs you put on there lol and one to be INSOMNIA i wouldn't mind seein that sucker on DDR MAX 2 USA its tyte fa sho
but Sh!t like Cry Me A River is aight but kinda hard to see on DDR
but you never know so keep sendin those wishlist and yeah peaz out pplz E1.gif
they should give us TRiP MachinE SuRvivOr and ParaNoiA SuRvIvoR
for DDR MAX USA 2 and let ParaNoiA SuRvIvoR MaX be on DDR EXTREME USA if they ever release a US version of it in the states and maybe WE ARE THE CHAMPIONZ ans WE WILL ROCK YOU will be on MAX 2 USA cuz it would seem ryte wouldn't it?
i think that PARANOIA ReBirth and ParaNoiA SuRvivOr are the best remixes of paranoia to date all the others sound FuNkII erm.gif [/quote]
J.J.
Trick Member
Trick Member

257. PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say that I am very happy to see a USAMAX2.
To all of you who are complaining about song lists in previous mixes, I would like to say that even though I own almost every DDR released (Japanese or English), I have never come across a mix that I didn't like.

I know that Konami will carefully consider the songs they put into USAMAX2, and I know that we, the DDR-consuming public, won't be disappointed.

My two cents about song choices: If possible, it would be awesome to see songs from Extra mix in USAMAX2 with doubles steps for all the Solo mix songs (GOOD ones; not the weirdo ones from the 5th mix databank).

And if Konami can squeeze in D2R, my life will be complete once I buy my copy of the game.
darudefx
Trick Member
Trick Member

258. PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope konami puts let them move is in max2 usa in the song list. laugh.gif

I will get an extreme (8th mix) machine somewhere or get an older machine and upgrade it to extreme (8th mix).

Here is my site at http://www.myddrhomepad.tk
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
J.J.
Trick Member
Trick Member

259. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

js16fx wrote:
I hope konami puts let them move is in max2 usa in the song list.

Damn straight laugh.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: